So life has been hectic & somehow almost 2 months have elapsed without any blogging from me. A short run-down of what’s transpired recently, in no apparent order:
- Lasik was successful. Seeing at or around 20/20. I was 20/15 before the surgery, but can’t tell that much of a difference. I can see. That’s all that matters.
- We saw Def Leppard in concert. Pretty freaking awesome, with the exception of the pimply-faced 14-year-old boy behind me who thought that we would enjoy him singing backup vocals all night.
- Went to Harrah’s in Tunica. The $8 at the bar was much more well-spent than the money at the roulette table and slot machines. Paula Deen buffet was okay, nothing spectacular. She still annoys the crap out of me.
- OLYMPICS. If you aren’t already aware, I’m obsessed with the Olympics. Seriously. Obsessed. Would have blogged about it but couldn’t tear myself away from the Tivo long enough to do so. In my down time from watching it, I was checking available careers at the International Olympic Committee. No, I’m not kidding. And, apparently, I’m also not qualified.
- Got a library card. Trying to cut back my spending on books by getting them the free way. The Williamson County library is incredible. If you live nearby and haven’t been, go. I would live there if they would let me.
- Realized that many of my favorite author’s have websites… and blogs. Spent more time than I’m proud to admit reading way too much info about these people.
- Had a great weekend away at Whitestone Inn. Relaxing, gorgeous, serene. Oh, and we got to kayak. I now want to buy a kayak.
- Ran a 5K. That’s about the longest distance I can handle right now. Brandon said something last weekend to the effect of, “there are 4 months between now & Disney… we could start training now and do it again.” I think somewhere in between my snort of bafflement and my rattling the jar of Glucosamine-Condroitin in his face he got the idea that was not going to happen.
- Univ of Alabama beat Clemson. And really, what else can follow that?